Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dialogues with the Dull -

Hi, jf12—

For the record…I’ve no fear, or disgust, of gender differences and I resent your false accusation!

The only thing I’ll concede is your apparent difficulty reading.

My prior comments on Matthew 19 and elsewhere convey my exact position regarding gender and civil marriage. Your miscomprehension of them is your issue. Again, I’m not concerned with any ecclesiastically sectarian doctrine relative to marriage, including yours – or, your divorce.

Also, if you use Greek, use it correctly.

In Romans 1, “unseemly” in v27 is not “ἀσχημοσύνη,” as you wrongly say, but “ἀσχημοσύνην” because it’s in the accusative case. Also, the term translated “not convenient,” in v28 isn’t “μήκαθήκω” as you incorrectly claim, but two words comprised of the negating particle and the plural accusative neuter present active participle: “μὴ καθήκοντα”. There’s no need to debate either term because, as I’ve explained, they don’t apply to me.

You mention the “laws of physikos.” The term never appears in Scripture.

Regarding I Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9, don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t say “sleeping is the activity” discussed. Reread my comment until you understand it. If you have literary or philological evidence from Classical or Koine Greek to contravene my argument, give it.

When discussing Scripture, precision is critical for me. You say, “jots and tittles are kind of Phariseeical” (sic)? Take it up with Jesus; he’s the one who stressed their importance in Matthew 5:18.

BTW, it’s “n’est-ce pas”!

--ez duz it Copyright © 25 June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment