Monday, June 20, 2011

Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:17-32

Some say the Bible condemns homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:17-32.
Please!

They’d never say anyone should observe Mosaic Law to be righteous, except when it comes to Gay people. What about King David’s declaration of love for Jonathan in 2 Samuel 1:26 “Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.” Just buddies? Ummhumm…

Concerning Romans 1:17-32:

I haven’t made idols, “like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.” Also, my woman never did “change the natural use into that which is against nature” because I’ve never had a woman.

I’m not: Covetous, malicious, envious, murderous, deceitful, despiteful, backbiting, inventing evil things, disobedient to parents, arrogant, boastful.

Am I: Argumentative? When necessary. Whispering? Sometimes during movie previews. A hater of God? Can’t be bothered.

Romans 1:27 says “likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman…” The Greek word for “leaving,” “ἀφέντες,” is in the active voice. It indicates that the subject is the willing agent, or doer, of the action. Because I was NEVER attracted to women, it’s logically impossible for me to have left their “use” as Paul so romantically puts it.

Also, I don’t burn in lust toward other men (the verse is very “plural” specific). I only have eyes for my life partner.

Whatever it might say, the Bible doesn’t condemn LGBT people.

--ez duz it Copyright © 20 June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment